The 21st century is rightly called a digital age where most daily activities of people require the use of a Smartphone or computer or any other such modern piece of technology. I bet you are thinking, “Well, I’m not that hopeless without my Smartphone. I could live a day or two without it.” This is exactly my point! A day or two is THE LIMIT for most (which I personally consider pretty impressive).
Still, it’s undeniable that Smartphone has become an integral part of everyone’s lives. Thus, it is logical to use a Smartphone to connect a business with customers.
One of the most effective and proper ways to reach your customers through mobiles is by designing and interacting with your customers by mobile apps. What can a mobile app do for your business?
Build Brand Awareness and Recognition
- Your app is seen by your customer every time he/she looks at the mobile.
- You will always be in your customer’s attention by that.
- You could put hoardings all over the place but I doubt they can ever create an impact stronger than a person looking at a simple logo of your business every time they look at their phone.
Improve Your Brand Image
- Mobile apps are used only by the big corporations and MNCs; it is considered as an unnecessary expense by smaller businesses, and this is precisely why having a mobile app would make you a winner.
- A mobile app would make your business stand apart as very few in the competition would ever invest in it.
- As one of the few with an app of their own in the market, your business will present itself as a forward-thinking and modern organization.
- This is necessary if you want to establish yourself as a brand.
Helps in Geo-targeting and Information Collection
- Targeting customers according to their location is the smartest way to expand and improve your business regionally. A mobile app with an integrated geo-tracking system is perfect and cost-efficient in geo-targeting.
- You can also collect valuable information about customer’s preferences, buying habits, etc. spontaneously.
- This information can be used to improve your services and products according to the customers’ likings.
- It will help in research and development and you won’t have to spend a rupee on carrying surveys and such.
Improve Customer Experience and CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
- “Customer is king”. The true customer satisfaction is not just by making a sale of a good quality product but HOW you make the sale and provide customer support.
- With a mobile app of your own, you can do all kinds of sales while using your company website as a reference. It’s a fast, safe and simple way of carrying out a sale and business transaction.
- You can save your customers time and pain of coming all the way to you and provide them convenience as they relax and place their order through app anytime.
- Also, you can answer customer queries and take their feedback by integrating suitable features in your app.
- You can also use customer feedback to improve your product or services and it would present your company as a brand with good customer service.
Generate Extra Income
- If you have a decent customer base and/or your business deals in B2B, you can always generate income by doing in-app advertising for relevant business partners or intermediaries.
- This would promote your business by referrals and you can get monetary benefits by those promotions.
- You can also charge app users for updates by providing quality upgrades to the app.
Build Customer Loyalty
A truly successful business is one where customers go to buy EVERYTIME.
- Now there are many ways customer loyalty can be developed especially by an app. You would have to think one up yourself. Remember, customers always say, “Yeh Dil Maange More!!!”
- For instance, banks like SBI, HDFC, etc. give points to customers whenever they make payments via their banking apps, which allow customers to avail discounts and other rewards.
- Similarly, fast food chains like Dominoes offer discounts and offers to customers who frequently use their apps to place an order.
Important Points to Consider Are
- It creates an awareness of your existence and customers recognize your business as a brand.
- With very few businesses having their independent app, yours will stand out and it would project an esteemed brand image.
- Customers in a certain location can be targeted and information on their preferences and expectations can be collected
- Customer experience is improved and you can maintain a healthy customer relationship by adding proper features to the app.
- Build Customer Loyalty by coming up with ways to make sure the customer uses your app more frequently.